Previous statements on coronavirus
Statement issued: 23rd April 2020 – for the latest statement, click here
Firstly, I would like to say that I hope you, your families and your friends are all well and staying safe in these very unusual times.
For anyone that has been directly affected by coronavirus, my thoughts go out to you.
I would also like to thank all of my Partners at Flexeserve for the way they have come together to enable us to continue operating under such extraordinary conditions. Without their commitment and dedication to our business, we would simply not be able to achieve what we have.
We are still open for business as usual (almost!)
It has been a little over three weeks since I last updated our customers and suppliers on the effect of COVID-19 on Flexeserve and our operations. This is, without doubt, the most difficult challenge that we have had to navigate our business through, and we are certainly not at the end yet.
We set out plans to help us reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our operations and to ensure that we come through this as strong as possible, and enable us to uphold the high level of service that we have always provided. Most importantly, we devised our plans to ensure that the health and safety of our workforce was always a priority, and that social distancing could be maintained. By delivering on these plans quickly, we have been able to stay open for business and function as normally as is possible.
Keeping our workforce safe
- Invested in protective face masks for all shop floor operatives.
- New floor guidance graphics to assist with social distancing.
- All Partners given a week’s holiday over Easter to spend time with family and relax.
- Office-based teams continuing to work from home and hold virtual meetings.
- Continuing to work to Government guidelines, and beyond, in all areas of our business.
We continue to be absolutely committed to getting through this situation in a strong position, so we can serve the needs of our customers as they themselves begin to return to normal.
Investing in the future
We are making significant and important investments in many areas to continue our growth and meet the demand of Flexeserve products around the world.
Even during such challenging and uncertain times, we are progressing our strategic capital investment programme that was planned before COVID-19. By doing so, we are investing in our Partners and the future of our vibrant business and innovative products.
- Transforming our logistics and despatch area with an entirely new loading facility to include an automated dock levelling system. This will enable us to load shipping containers more frequently and efficiently, as well as improve our sustainability with all-new insulated loading bay doors.
- Extending our material machining areas by 30% to enable us to handle more product and manufacture more equipment.
- Purchased additional state-of-the-art CNC machinery to improve our capacity and production capabilities.
- Installed additional LEAN assembly lines to optimise our efficiencies and increase output in line with demand.
- Acquired additional space adjacent to our main building to provide a dedicated facility to accommodate our Flexeserve Projects work.
The entire Flexeserve workforce and myself are looking forward to when we are able to reunite and work together as a team under one roof. Until then, we are staying strong and focusing on the ongoing changes that we must make to stay safe and deliver our unrivalled service.
Best regards, stay safe and keep well.
Statement issued: 27th March 2020
I would like to begin by saying that I hope you, your family and colleagues are doing well and staying safe while we all adapt to new ways of working and living.
During what is undoubtedly one of the most significant challenges to any business in modern times, I feel it is important for me to update our suppliers, customers and our Partnership members on the effect of COVID-19 on Flexeserve®. As a father and husband, I also appreciate the impact the virus is having on families and local communities, so we have plans in place to support each other to get through this as a team.
I would like to express huge thanks to all of my Partners at Flexeserve® who have been working tirelessly throughout this situation to ensure we can deliver to our customers and provide our high level of service for as long as possible. We could not do this without the dedication they commit on a daily basis.
We are continuing to closely monitor the Government and Public Health guidelines around the COVID-19 situation, and following the best practices from the NHS and World Health Organisation.
We have already implemented considerable changes to the way we operate to ensure the protection of everyone in and around our business, to continue our efforts to prevent the spread of the virus.
- The Board of Directors are meeting via conference call on a daily basis to stay on top of the latest Government advice and react accordingly.
- We have enforced home working for our office-based Partners that are able do their job remotely, and are providing constant support to assist everyone to be able to continue as normally as possible.
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres has been implemented and is closely monitored in all departments.
- We are actively encouraging all Partners to wash hands regularly and have extended break times for all of our shop-floor Partners to allow more time for thorough hand hygiene and sanitisation.
- We have revised daily cleaning schedules to increase cleanliness.
- We are only accepting business critical visitors to our facilities and we will not be visiting customers or suppliers until further notice.
- Delivery drivers are encouraged to remain in their vehicles whilst our teams unload deliveries, and we have allocated dedicated toilet and wash facilities for drivers.
In addition to these stringent measures, I have now decided it is important for us to temporarily close our operations.
We will be temporarily closed for a total of two weeks during the Easter period. The last working day will be Friday 3rd April 2020, and we will be returning on Monday 20th April to continue production as normally as possible. The primary reason for this is to allow our Partners to spend the Easter holidays with their families at what is such an unusual time. Our production will be working as normal and in accordance with social distancing and safety guidelines up until Friday 3rd April. We will continue to have active cover for Customer Support during the close-down period, so please contact us on +44 (0)1455 638300 for assistance.
We are in this together and we will be vigilant in our approach to staying strong during this difficult time. I will continue to update you when we have further information.
Best regards, stay safe and keep well.
Read more about how we’re protecting our partners and visitors – see our COVID-19 risk assessment.