The current effect on Flexeserve®
Statement issued: 23rd April 2020
Firstly, I would like to say that I hope you, your families and your friends are all well and staying safe in these very unusual times.
For anyone that has been directly affected by coronavirus, my thoughts go out to you.
I would also like to thank all of my Partners at Flexeserve® for the way they have come together to enable us to continue operating under such extraordinary conditions. Without their commitment and dedication to our business, we would simply not be able to achieve what we have.
We are still open for business as usual (almost!)
It has been a little over three weeks since I last updated our customers and suppliers on the effect of COVID-19 on Flexeserve® and our operations. This is, without doubt, the most difficult challenge that we have had to navigate our business through, and we are certainly not at the end yet.
We set out plans to help us reduce the impact of COVID-19 on our operations and to ensure that we come through this as strong as possible, and enable us to uphold the high level of service that we have always provided. Most importantly, we devised our plans to ensure that the health and safety of our workforce was always a priority, and that social distancing could be maintained. By delivering on these plans quickly, we have been able to stay open for business and function as normally as is possible.
Keeping our workforce safe
- Invested in protective face masks for all shop floor operatives.
- New floor guidance graphics to assist with social distancing.
- All Partners given a week’s holiday over Easter to spend time with family and relax.
- Office-based teams continuing to work from home and hold virtual meetings.
- Continuing to work to Government guidelines, and beyond, in all areas of our business.
We continue to be absolutely committed to getting through this situation in a strong position, so we can serve the needs of our customers as they themselves begin to return to normal.
Investing in the future
We are making significant and important investments in many areas to continue our growth and meet the demand of Flexeserve® products around the world.
Even during such challenging and uncertain times, we are progressing our strategic capital investment programme that was planned before COVID-19. By doing so, we are investing in our Partners and the future of our vibrant business and innovative products.
- Transforming our logistics and despatch area with an entirely new loading facility to include an automated dock levelling system. This will enable us to load shipping containers more frequently and efficiently, as well as improve our sustainability with all-new insulated loading bay doors.
- Extending our material machining areas by 30% to enable us to handle more product and manufacture more equipment.
- Purchased additional state-of-the-art CNC machinery to improve our capacity and production capabilities.
- Installed additional LEAN assembly lines to optimise our efficiencies and increase output in line with demand.
- Acquired additional space adjacent to our main building to provide a dedicated facility to accommodate our Flexeserve® Projects work.
The entire Flexeserve® workforce and myself are looking forward to when we are able to reunite and work together as a team under one roof. Until then, we are staying strong and focusing on the ongoing changes that we must make to stay safe and deliver our unrivalled service.
Best regards, stay safe and keep well.
Read more about how we’re protecting our partners and visitors – see our COVID-19 risk assessment.